A quick way to start installing guests on the platform is to have a Media Storage offering ISOs stored in a local directory from your first flexVDI Host. The flexVDI Config tool provides an option to manage a local Samba server for this purpose. To activate it, follow these steps:
- If it does not not already exist, create the directory that will house the ISO images in one of the hosts. For example, /home/cifs
- Start flexvdi-config tool.
- Select the CIFS option from the main menu. You will see the following menu:
- Select the Activate option.
- Enter the current password for your instance of flexVDI Manager.
- Enter the path you created in the first step.
- Enter and confirm the password that will grant access to that route. The user name will always be flexvdi.
Once finished, you will see a message confirming the result:
This procedure has:
- created a cifs shared folder accessible from other machines to store ISO images.
- created a Media Storage called cifs.
Copy ISO images to that route, and they will be available for flexVDI Guests as boot media. Now follow with the First steps using flexVDI Dashboard 2.2 guide to start managing your new flexVDI platform. Enjoy it!