Host: embraces computers included in the virtual platform. Hosts provide computing resources (CPU and RAM) to the platform.
flexVDI Dashboard lets you see the Hosts that have been registered in the flexVDI Manager with the configuration command flexvdi-config. Registered Hosts will be displayed in the left area of the main window of flexVDI Dashboard. It will also display which Host is the one executing the flexVDI Manager:
flexVDI Dashboard shows more detailed information about Hosts. This information is shown in the right side of the main window of the flexVDI Dashboard.
The following operations can be performed on a Host fromflexVDI Dashboard:
- Modifying a Host
- Disable: When a Host is disabled it changes to "maintenance mode" and stops being available to any Pool to run Guests on it.
- Enable: Finish the "disabled state", of the Host, and changes it to the regular state.
- Unregister: Takes the Host out of the control of the current flexVDI Manager. The Host is now ready to take part of another flexVDI platform.
Guest: virtual machines created from flexVDI Manager.
- Change the b
- Send shutdown to
- is the virtual equivalent of shutting down the power source of the machine. The Guest will lose the information not saved in the moment of the shutdown, and can produce file system errors.
- Pausing a Guest
- Suspending a Guest
- Modifying a Guest. This option allows to change the virtual hardware of a Guest.
- Insert tools: inserts a virtual CD in the Guest with flexVDI Guest Tools installation software.
- Changing the Media
- Copying a Guest
- Convert a Guest into a template.
- Migrate a Guest
Pool: group of Guests. Pools reserves the Hosts resources for the Guests included in them.
Image Storage: it is a logical unit of storage. Image Storages are created in a set of Hosts that are selected during its creation. It can be seen as a Volume container, or as a storage for image disks.
Volume: they are created using the physical disks defined in the father Image Storage. Guest are stored in the Volumes.
Media Storage: they are ISO image files repositories. Those files can be mounted by Guests, appearing as read only optical discs.
Direct Storage: Provides Guests with direct access to physical disks. Those disks will only be visible from the Hosts that have been selected for that purpose, and the disks will always be available for the Guest.
Task: actions carried out by flexVDI Manager. In the lower part of the main window you can find the list of tasks executed by the manager. Each entry provides the following information:
- Object: Object that has executed the task
- Action: Action executed by the object
- Status: current status of the task started by the object (completed or pending).
- Result: Task result (success/error).
- Result Message: Detailed message about the outcome of the task.
- Executed: Date and time at which the task was launched
Tasks are shown under four tabs:
- Session: Tasks started since the beginning of the current flexVDI Dashboard session.
- Pending: Tasks which execution has not finished.
- Completed: Tasks which execution has finished.
- Scheduled: Planned tasks.