flexVDI is a desktop virtualization platform. Using well-known, open-source technologies, it provides a stable, performant infrastructure for both Windows and Linux desktops. Its main features are:
- Based on CentOS 6, uses Binary packages are provided for RHEL 7 and CentOS 7.
- Uses Qemu/KVM 2.6, Spice 0.12.4 and libvirt .Installable on bare-metal2.0, with some improvements to boost your VDI experience.
- Supports virtualization of Windows from XP to Windows 10, Windows Server from 2003 to 2016, and all flavors of GNU/Linux.
- Scalable to thousands of desktops.
- Template based desktops.
- LDAP or AD based authentication/authorization.
- Supports shared storage like SAS, FC, iSCSI, etc...
- Failure-tolerant cluster.
flexVDI must be installed on a set of physical servers with either RHEL 7 or CentOS 7, that form a VDI cluster. This document will guide you through the process of downloading, creating physical media and installing flexVDI 23.2 0 on your physical servers.
This document makes use of various flexVDI 23.20 specific concepts. Below you will find those terms with a brief description: