The following operations can be performed on a Host from flexVDI Dashboard:
- Modifying a Host
- Disable: When a Host is disabled it changes to "maintenance mode" and stops being available to any Pool to run Guests on it.
- Enable: Finishes the "disabled state" of the Host, and changes it to the regular state.
- Unregister: Takes the Host out of the control of the current flexVDI Manager. The Host is now ready to take part in another flexVDI platform.
- Change the b
- Send shutdown to
- is the virtual equivalent of shutting down the power source of the machine. The Guest will lose the information not saved in the moment of the shutdown, and can produce file system errors.
- Pausing a Guest
- Suspending a Guest
- Modifying a Guest. This option allows to change the virtual hardware of a Guest.
- Insert tools: inserts a virtual CD in the Guest with flexVDI Guest Tools installation software.
- Changing the Media
- Copying a Guest
- Convert a Guest into a template.
- Migrate a Guest
Pool: group of Guests. Pools reserves the Hosts resources for the Guests included in them.
- Creating a new Pool
- Rebalancing Resources
- Creating a new External Volume
Media Storage: anISO image repository. Those files can be mounted by Guests, appearing as read only optical discs.
- Creating a new Media Storage
Direct Storage: Provides Guests with direct access to physical disks. Those disks will only be visible from the Hosts that have been selected for that purpose, and the disks will always be available for the Guest.
- Creating a Direct Storage