flexVDI Dashboard lets system administrators manage the flexVDI platform. These are the kind of objects that can be found in flexVDI.
Host: embraces computers physical servers included in the virtual platform. Hosts provide computing resources (CPU and RAM) to the platform.
flexVDI Dashboard lets you see shows the Hosts that have been registered in the flexVDI Manager with the configuration command flexvdi-config. Registered Hosts will be displayed in the left area of the main window of flexVDI Dashboard. It will also display in the tree view. It also displays which Host is the one executing the flexVDI Manager:
flexVDI Dashboard shows more detailed information about Hosts. This information is shown in the right side of the main window of the flexVDI Dashboard.details view when you select one of them:
The following operations can be performed on a Host fromflexVDI from flexVDI Dashboard:
- Modifying a Host
- Disable: When a Host is disabled it changes to "maintenance mode" and stops being available to any Pool to run Guests on it.
- Enable: Finish Finishes the "disabled state" , of the Host, and changes it to the regular state.
- Unregister: Takes the Host out of the control of the current flexVDI Manager. The Host is now ready to take part of in another flexVDI platform.
Image Storage: it is a logical unit space of storage for disk images. Image Storages are created in a set of Hosts that are selected during its creation. It can be seen as a Volume container, or as a storage for image disks.Volume: they are created using the physical disks defined in the father Image Storage. Guest able to access it. It contains Volumes.
Volume: It is a logical partition of an Image Storage, implemented using a bunch of different technologies. Guest disk images are stored in the Volumes.
Media Storage:they areanISO image files repositoriesrepository. Those files can be mounted by Guests, appearing as read only optical discs.
Task: actions carried out by flexVDI Manager. In the lower part of the main window task view you can find the list of tasks executed by the manager. Each entry provides the following information:
- Object: Object that has executed the task.
- Action: Action executed by the object.
- Status: current status of the task started by the object (completed or pending).
- Result: Task result (success/error).
- Result Message: Detailed message about the outcome of the task.
- ExecutedFinish time: Date and time at which the task was launchedfinished.
Tasks are shown under four tabs:
- Session: Tasks started since the beginning of the current flexVDI Dashboard session.
- Pending: Tasks which execution has not finished.
- Completed: Tasks which execution has finished.
- Scheduled: Planned tasks.