flexVDI provides clients to access the virtual desktop infrastructure from the following environments:
- Microsoft Windows (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 y 10, in both 32 and 64 bits)
- GNU/Linux (any distribution after 2010)
- Mac OS/X
- ThinClient OS, a bootable Linux distribution (BIOS and UEFI) for Thin Clients and repurposed computers.
In this manual we present the characteristics and details of all of them.
- The communication between the flexVDI platform and flexVDI clients have not changed from version 2.2 to version 3.0. For this reason, you can use any client from version 2.2 with a flexVDI 3.0 platform.
- If you use the flexVDI Client 3.1 with a pre-3.1 platform, or a pre-3.1 client with a 3.1 platform, some features are managed differently and will not work; everything else will keep working normally. In particular, these features are:
- Power events from the client (reset/shutdown/poweroff).
- TCP port redirection.
- The disable flags of a Desktop Policy (clipboard, sound, devices, ...)