Q: When installing a new flexVDI Manager, a time out error is shown when the progress bar is stopped in "60 %"
A: In flexvdi-config, during the flexVDI manager installation, the 60% marks the moment when the new flexVDI Manager guest is starting, and flexvdi-config is waiting to get network connection with it.
The most common cause for a timeout in this point is that network configuration has been incorrectly entered in flexvdi-config.
Please check that:
- The network bridge associated to the flexVDI Manager has the right IP/mask/gateway configuration. It is important that the network bridge, and not the physical interface has the IP configuration.
- The flexVDI Manager IP belongs to the same range and is different that the one configured for the network bridge.
If the problem persists, please contact support.
Q: When installing a new flexVDI Manager, a message containing "Error starting flexvdi instance, invalid argument: could not find capabilities for arch=x86_64" is shown
A: This message means that qemu can not be run in the host, and it can have different causes. To solve it:
- Check that virtualization extensions (VTx / AMD-V) are enabled in the BIOS/UEFI of the machine.
- Run "yum update" even if you run it just before installing flexVDI, sometimes yum fails to update/install some required package, and it makes this error to show up.
- If you installed a full Red Hat/CentOS distribution instead of the recommended minimal distribution (Core), some packages may not be installed due to conflicts with installed software. Running "yum install spice-server-flexvdi spice-server-flexvdi" should solve it.
- Some users have reported that it was solved after updating the BIOS/UEFI firmware of the system.