flexVDI Manager is a guest that runs on the fleXVDI infrastructure. It is not updated/installed with yum as the other components of the flexVDI infrastructure.
In order to update, the flexVDI Manager, log in one of your flexVDI Hosts.
- Execute flexVDI-config in a host (the Host must have access to the path where the Manager is stored). A menu will be shown in the screen.
- Select the menu entry called "Manager".
- You should make a backup of the Manager before upgrading. To do so, select the menu entry "Backup".
- Once the backup has been done, use the menu entry "Upgrade" .
- It will ask for the flexVDI Manager password. Type it and press enter.
- Select "Portal" to download the new Manager image from flexVDI portal (or local, if you have already downloaded it and copied it to the host).
- Then select the product (flexvDI Manager 3.0), y release (the latest 3.0.x). It will automatically download the new version. This may take some minutes.
- Finally, the program will ask for confirmation. Then it will automatically stop the manager, replace it with a new version, and start it again. This usually takes about 5 minutes.
During the installation, flexVDI Manager will be stopped for about 5 minutes. When it is stopped:
- guest machines will keep running, and connected users can continue their work normally.
- users can start new connextion to their desktops.
- flexVDI Dashboard will be disconnected, as it needs a connection to the manager, which is stopped for some time. When flexVDI manager is started again, it will take 2 or 3 minutes until it receives all the information from the platform and will show some elements as "unknown state". Don worry. It is normal, and